Monday, August 8

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge August Part 1

Hi Crafters

Today I am here with part one for the August challenge, part one being today 8th August chosen by Karen and part 2 being 22nd of August chosen by Shelly.

Today's challenge was :  "Flower or Flour" - Make a card with flowers OR make a card with a baking/cooking theme - you decide!

I decided to go with FLOWER but also have a Baking card that I have not shared before so I will share that as an additional card.

Here is the FLOWER card and I do not think it is any surprise for those of you have have seen Karens new release that a lot of us have grabbed the stamp FLOWER POT POP STAND die as the one we wanted to play with.  This, as you will see from the challenge team cards can be used so many different ways, this group is just sooooo inspirational to me!

I needed to make a card for a friend who was leaving work.  I was very sad about her leaving but wanted to make a happy card to tell her how much she meant to me, rather than a sorry you are leaving time card.



Very simple on the front as most definitely the "WOW" is on the inside.


Opened up, the card opens flat and the most amazing pot pops up and you can fill
this with flowers, leaves and the odd or or two :)


Also on the card I used the Labels and Circles for the panels for the words.

I hoped to have posted a post about the new designs on the 1st August so please check FEATURED POST at the top left of my blog.

Remember to check out the other cards the team have posted and Karen will post her
card and video tomorrow over at http://karenburniston.typepad.com/

So that was my "Official" challenge card and here is another card that I just happen to have
made but not shared and actually works for this theme and FLOUR.


This one features Baker the Beaver complete with cake and props
from Props set 8.  Looks like Baker has been beavering away in the 
kitchen to wish someone a Happy Birthday!

I will be back with another KB challenge in a couple of weeks.








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...