Tuesday, August 11

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge August part 2

Hello!

I am back with day two of the Karen Burniston Designer Challenge for August and here is my second Inspired Creation.

Here is are the amazing cards I was inspired by.  Both by Shelly Hickox and both marvellous creations that really got my brain ticking :)


I LOVED the Steampunked Poppy the Owl and I wanted to use that.


But I also loved Shelly's amazing Tunnel card that she made using the Accordion Die.
So I set about making a card using both these elements.

Shelly has a full tutorial for the Tunnel card HERE

Here you can see some of how the tunnel card looks, mine does not open up as much as I glued the "you are awesome" inside and it means it doesn't open as much but still 
has some depth.

Here is the front of my Tunnel card.  I used the Rectangle Accordion, Gears and clock from the clock set and Poppy the Owl.  Its not as grungy as Shelly's masterpieces, but that is pure Shelly style, she does that so well. Mine is a bit more sedated Steampunk but I must say I was impressed when Caiden saw my card he exclaimed he liked my "Steampunk Owl". 

Rectangle Accordion, Poppy and the Clock can be purchased from Crafts U Love

Please take time to look around the blogs listed top left they are the awesome ladies
in the Karen Burniston Designer Challenge Team.

Caz x




2 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

THIS so totally Rocks Caz...I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

fran said...

This is fabulous! You did an amazing job :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...