Sunday, November 9

Karen Burniston Challenge - November - Red, White or Blue

I am a day early with this one, but when you see my card you will know why I wanted to post it today.  

This months theme is Red, White or Blue.  Making cards/creations that are mainly one of those colours.

Here is the first card, I have so far made a red and white card and if I get a chance I will get a blue one done too.  Today being Remembrance Sunday  and seeing the beautiful poppies at the tower of London on the news, we've been seeing red poppies everywhere.  A very moving and beautiful sight.  Sadly didn't make it to see them in real life but I have had many friends that did.


On this card I used the Elizabeth Craft Designs/Karen Burniston Lucy Label 
pop up for the main stage.
Stamped onto that the Penny Black Poppy Fields.  This is an older design (2005)

I coloured most of the image in grey and gave a burst of colour
just colouring the one red one that he is holding.

With today in mind I am saying Thank you to all who gave so much
in order that we could all live our lives as we do now.

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. 
At the going down of the sun and in the morning. 
We will remember them
Laurence Binyon

3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Wow Caz - this is such a lovely card. I really like how you coloured just the one poppy

Kelly Booth said...

LOVe it Caz.. So Cute!!

Debbie K. said...

Love this card, Caz. Great colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...