Tuesday, July 12

Woodware Anything but a card Challenge

The challenge this week over at the Woodware Blog is "Anything but a Card".  Today I have decided to decorate a Pencil Box with some lovely little birdies and flowers :)  I have decorated a few of these boxes for the boys teachers at school and they make lovely gifts.

I used the Woodware Empty Pencil box to decorate 2865I painted it with white acrylic paint, slightly watered down to make it thinner.  I didnt want to completely "white out" the box, simply cover the kraft with a covering of white. 

I then used a reverse side of the Lost In Paradise 8 x8 pads the light yellow paper with the white grid on it.  Stamped with black ink and coloured with markers, stamping the solid flowers onto the paper in 2 shade of orange.  I distressed the edge with ink in a light brown colour and stuck this onto the top of the box. I went onto further decorated the inside top and bottom of the box with the same stamps.  The birds were stamped onto white card and coloured with markers and stuck onto the box.

To hide the popper at the front I cut a small Plum Punch in orange paper and then stamped a flower onto white card and cut with a small circle punch. 

Additionally I sponged glitter glue around the edge of the lid.



I need to restock on these boxes as I think they might be the teachers gifts again!

2 comments:

Kim x said...

Hi Caz, love this although I never seem to get around to making anything that isn't a card or a picture frame. I really must try harder lol.
Love and hugs Kimx

Diane said...

Really love your box Caroline, its so pretty and love the colours !!

hugs Diane xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...